Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Security Alert – Demonstration
- Location: Ljubljana: Vicinity of U.S. Embassy (Prešernova cesta 31)
- Event: On the evening of 5 June, the Embassy anticipates a demonstration in Ljubljana in support of racial equality and justice in the United States.
- Actions to Take: Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. citizens entering Slovenia who do not have residency in Slovenia must self-quarantine for 14 days, unless they meet one of the exceptions.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 4 June):
- Since 1 June there were four additional confirmed cases, for a cumulative total of 1,477. According to press reports, these new cases are likely associated with a family cluster in Maribor that led to the quarantining of a primary school class there. There was one additional fatality in the country, for a total of 109.
- The number who are currently hospitalized decreased to 5 persons, with none in intensive care.
- As of 4 June, only five cases of infection remain active in the country.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook