Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
- Location: Ljubljana – Republic Square
- Event: Today, 8 May at 1900, there is a planned protest outside the Slovenian Parliament building. While most demonstrations in Slovenia are peaceful, there will be increased police presence in this area.
- Actions to Take: Be vigilant near crowded public venues.
- Residents of Slovenia (including American citizens) are not permitted to take pleasure day/overnight trips to neighboring countries. Those crossing the border without prior authorization could face fines between 400 and 4,000 euros upon re-entry to Slovenia.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 8 May):
- Yesterday there was one additional confirmed case, for a cumulative total of 1,450.
- There was one additional fatality yesterday, bringing the total to 100.
- The number who are currently hospitalized decreased to 47 persons, of whom 12 are in intensive care
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page. Assistance:
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter