Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Security Alert – Demonstration
- Location: Downtown Ljubljana
- Event: On the evening of 12 June, the Embassy anticipates another demonstration in the center of Ljubljana. These may continue on subsequent Fridays.
- Actions to Take: Be aware of your surroundings.
- Per 7 June Slovenian ordinance, foreign nationals (including American citizens) entering Slovenia from Austria must use the following checkpoints: Karavanke-Karawanketunnel, Ljubelj–Loibltunnel, or Šentilj (avtocesta)-Spiefeld (Autobahn). Similarly, foreign nationals crossing from Hungary to Slovenia must use Dolga vas-Rédcs or Pince (avtocesta)-Torniyszentmil ós (Országút).
- U.S. citizens entering Slovenia who do not have residency in Slovenia or in one of the countries included in the list of epidemiologically-approved countries must self-quarantine for 14 days, unless they meet one of the exceptions.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 11 June):
- The number of active cases has increased in the past week, with 15 currently active cases, of whom six are hospitalized.
- Since 4 June there were 11 additional confirmed cases, for a cumulative total of 1,488.
- There have been no Covid-related fatalities in the country since June 1, with the total remaining at 109.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia
Prešernova 31, Ljubljana
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter