Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Though you may be far from your American family, your American Embassy family is thinking of you and want to wish you a warm Thanksgiving. Below, messages on COVID situation in Slovenia, and a special election in Florida.
COVID Health Alert
COVID Booster shots:
- We have heard from a fellow American citizen that it is possible to get a booster shot in Slovenia even though your original shots were done in the United States. This can generate an EU certificate.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 24 November 2021):
- The number of active cases has continued to climb in the past two weeks, up to 44,835 today, although may be leveling off this week. The 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 persons increased to 2,125.
- The number of hospitalized and those in ICU also climbed, with 1,168 hospitalized and 279 in intensive care. This is the highest ever in ICU since the pandemic began, and according to the Slovenian government, is very close to capacity. There were 215 additional COVID deaths in the past two weeks.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate inched up marginally, with 54% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
Florida Special Election – Cong. District 20 (11 January 2022)
The State of Florida will conduct a special general election on 11 January 2022, to fill a vacancy for the 20th Congressional District, which includes parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties. Registered Florida voters who prefer to receive their ballot by email or fax can request their ballot up until Election Day. They can use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) as a ballot request at fvap.gov/FPCA or by using the fillable PDF version. Voters must return their voted absentee ballot by MAIL or FAX (fax only allowed if located overseas) and postmarked by 7PM, 11 January 2022. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/florida. ; The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) offers an email-to-fax forwarding service for voters from states like Florida that allow voted ballots to be faxed, but do not allow email return of voted ballots. Voters who do not have access to a fax machine can email their completed ballot to fax@FVAP.gov and FVAP will forward the ballot as a fax to the appropriate election office.
Voters can verify the status of their voting materials by contacting their election office directly. Voters who do not receive their requested state absentee ballot in time to return it by the ballot return deadline, can send the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to their election office as a backup ballot. If the state absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, the voter may complete and submit the official ballot, too. Only one ballot will be counted.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook