Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Security Alert – Demonstration
- Location: Downtown Ljubljana – vicinity of Parliament and Republic Square
- Event: Following the September 15 anti-Slovenian government protests in central Ljubljana that resulted in violence and damage to the Parliament building, the Embassy is aware that another potentially large protest, also against recent COVID-19 measures, may occur on the evening of Saturday, September 18. Anticipate a large Slovenian Police presence in and around Parliament, Republic Square, and central Ljubljana.
- Actions to Take: Use good security awareness and be vigilant near demonstrations and crowded public venues.
Health Alert (Covid-19 update)
Travel Advisory for Slovenia
Based on the current COVID-19 situation in Slovenia, the U.S. Department of State, in conjunction with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), issued a Level 4 “Do Not Travel” Advisory for Slovenia.
Carrying proof of COVID-19 status
When going into buildings in Slovenia, including the U.S. Embassy, it is important to carry with you proof of your vaccination if you are over age 15. If you are not vaccinated, bring one of the following test results:
- Positive test between 10 days and 6 months old (recovery from COVID)
- Negative rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours
- Negative PCR test not older than 72 hours
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 17 September 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country jumped again in the past week, from 8,824 last week to 12,436 today. The 14 day incidence rate per 100,000 persons has increased from 418 to 590.
- The number of hospitalized also increased from 278 last week to 348 today, with 26 additional deaths in the past week.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate has increased, with 45.5 % of the population fully vaccinated.
The Slovenian government is providing vaccines to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over, and the U.S. Government strongly recommends that all eligible citizens get the vaccine as soon as possible.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook