U.S. Embassy, Ljubljana: Passport Fee Increase / COVID-19 Health Alert (23 December 2021)
Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
From our Embassy family to yours, we send you warmest greetings for this holiday period and wish you a peaceful and prosperous 2021.
Passport Fee Increase
- The U.S. Department of State has increased passport fees by $20 to reflect current service costs. See our Passport page for complete application instructions.
COVID Health Alert
- The Omicron variant is present in almost all regions of Slovenia
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 23 December 2021):
- The number of active cases has dropped significantly in the past two weeks, from 25,010 to 16,716 today. The 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 persons decreased to 793.
- The number of hospitalized and those in ICU continued to drop, with 624 hospitalized and 202 in intensive care. There were 163 additional COVID deaths in the past two weeks.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate inched up, with 56% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31, Ljubljana
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook