Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia Covid restrictions
- Public event venues can now fill up to 75% of fixed seats. (Events remain limited to staff and visitors who have been vaccinated against, tested for, or recovered from Covid-19.
- In open-air venues with no fixed seats, chairs must be at least one meter apart, while the 1.5-metre distance still applies to those who stand, except for members of the same household.
- Accommodation facilities with up to 60 units can offer up to 45 units, while those larger than 60 units, including camp sites, can be filled up to 75% of their capacity.
- Swimming pools are now open to all guests who have been vaccinated, tested or recovered. Pools are limited to 75% capacity.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 10 June 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country continued to decrease, from 3,251 active cases last week to 3,251 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has decreased to 164 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized dropped from 213 last week to 172 today. There were 10 additional deaths in the past week.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
Voting in U.S. – Special Elections
The following states have elections in the next 90 days:
July 27, 2021: Texas Special Runoff Election in U.S. Congressional District 6**
August 3, 2021: Ohio Special Primary Election in U.S. Congressional District 11 & 15***
**The State of Texas will conduct a special runoff election on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, to fill a vacancy for the 6th Congressional District, which includes parts of Ellis and Navarro counties and a portion of Tarrant County. Service members, eligible family members, and overseas citizens who are registering to vote for the first time can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool available at fvap.gov/FPCA or use the fillable PDF version. Voters can send their completed and signed FPCA to their local election office by EMAIL, MAIL, or FAX. If emailed or mailed, FPCAs must be received by the County no later than July 16. Email is strongly encouraged. (If FAXED, fax must be received by July 16, and the original must be received by mail by the County on the 4th business day). Voters who receive their absentee ballot must return it by MAIL or FAX (fax only if located in a hostile fire zone) and postmark by 7PM, July 27, 2021. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/texas.
*** The State of Ohio will conduct two special primary elections on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, to fill a vacancy for the 11th Congressional District, which includes parts of Cuyahoga and Summit counties and the 15th Congressional district, which includes all of Clinton, Fairfield, Hocking, Madison, Morgan, Perry, Pickaway, and Vinton counties and parts of: Athens, Fayette, Franklin, and Ross counties. Service members, eligible family members, and overseas citizens who are registering to vote for the first time can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool available at fvap.gov/FPCA or use the fillable PDF version. Voters can send their completed and signed FPCA to their local election office by EMAIL, MAIL, or FAX by July 6. Ohio voters already registered can use the FPCA to request their absentee ballot up until 12PM on July 31. Voters who receive their absentee ballot must send it by MAIL by 12:01 AM, August 3, 2021. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/ohio.
Voters from all states can verify the status of their voting materials by contacting their election office directly. Voters who do not receive their requested ballot in time to return it by the ballot return deadline, can send the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to their election office as a backup ballot. If the voter’s official absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, he or she may complete and submit the official ballot, too. Only one ballot will be counted. FVAP offers an email-to-fax forwarding service for voters from states that do not allow email return of voted ballots. Voters who do not have access to a fax machine can email their completed ballot to fax@FVAP.gov and FVAP will forward the ballot as a fax to the appropriate election office.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook