Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia Entry Requirements
- For those on essential travel to Slovenia (including study or business): U.S. citizens who do not have proof of completed vaccination, recovery from Covid-19, or a negative Covid test result (PCR or rapid antigen) will now need to demonstrate where they will complete their 10 day quarantine.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 15 July 2021):
- Last week the trend of decreasing case numbers reversed. The number of active cases in the country increased, from 408 cases on 5 July to 682 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has increased to 31 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized so far remains low at 32. There were 6 additional deaths in the past two weeks.
- 35.8% of the population is now full vaccinated. Vaccines are available to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
U.S. Voting: Special Elections in TX, OH
The following states have elections in the next 90 days:
27 July 2021: Texas Special Runoff Election in U.S. Congressional District 6*
3 August 2021: Ohio Special Primary Election in U.S. Congressional District 11 & 15**
*The State of Texas will conduct a special runoff election on Tuesday, 27 July 2021, to fill a vacancy for the 6th Congressional District, which includes parts of Ellis, Navarro, and Tarrant counties. Service members, eligible family members, and overseas citizens who are registering to vote and requesting an absentee ballot can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool available at fvap.gov/FPCA or use the fillable PDF version. Voters can send their completed and signed FPCA to their local election office by EMAIL, MAIL, or FAX. If emailed or mailed, FPCAs must be received by the County no later than 16 July. Email is strongly encouraged. (If FAXED, the fax must be received by July 16, and the original hardcopy must be mailed and received by the County by the 4th business day after the fax). Voters must return their voted absentee ballot by MAIL or FAX (fax only allowed from hostile fire zones) and postmarked by 7PM, 27 July 2021. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/texas.
** The State of Ohio will conduct two special primary elections on Tuesday, 3 August 2021, to fill vacancies in the 11th Congressional District, which includes parts of Cuyahoga and Summit counties and the 15th Congressional district, which includes all of Clinton, Fairfield, Hocking, Madison, Morgan, Perry, Pickaway, and Vinton counties and parts of: Athens, Fayette, Franklin, and Ross counties. Service members, eligible family members, and overseas citizens who are registering to vote can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool available at fvap.gov/FPCA or use the fillable PDF version. Ohio voters already registered to vote can use the FPCA to request their absentee ballot up until 12PM on 31 July. Voters must MAIL their voted absentee ballot by 12:01 AM, 3 August 2021. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/ohio.
For additional assistance on voting, see the Embassy’s Voting Page
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook