Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Expired U.S. Passports:
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after 1 January 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until 31 December 2021. See this page for more information on this new exception. Nevertheless, the Embassy recommends having a valid passport at all times to facilitate travel. See our Embassy Passport page for procedures and appointments.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 24 June 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country continued to decrease, from 2,087 active cases last week to 1,055 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has decreased to 50.2 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized dropped from 112 last week to 50 today. There were 9 additional deaths in the past week.
- 30% of the population is full vaccinated. Vaccines are available to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook