Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
Testing availability in Slovenia
- In addition to the PCR test available at the Ljubljana Clinical Center, rapid tests are now available throughout the country.
Travel to the U.S. – Requirement for Covid test
- You may have heard about new CDC requirements for entering the U.S. Stay tuned – you should receive an Alert from Washington later today/tomorrow.
Austria Entry Restrictions
- As a number of countries have instituted, Austria requires travelers entering to complete an electronic pre-travel form on-line. U.S. Citizens can enter from the EU and Schengen area provided they have a negative PCR test that is not older than 3 days at the time of entry and quarantine for 10-days in a confirmed accommodation. See the list of exemptions.
Slovenian Internal/Movement Restrictions:
- The Slovenian government has extended the formal designation of an epidemic until mid-March.
- Ski lifts are closed.
- Schools (aside from special needs schools) will remain closed.
Statistics (as of 15 January 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country – currently 22, 986 – grew after the holidays. The number of hospitalized (currently 1,266) also grew slightly.
- The number of Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past two weeks remained steady – around 200 each week.
- On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has 1,121 new cases per 100,000 citizens, the third highest rate in Europe.
For additional information from the Slovenian government, including reaching their call center, see their English-language Covid page.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook