Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
QR code for those vaccinated in the United States: If you received your vaccination in the United States and used CDC’s VAMS portal, you can now log in to your VAMS account to get a printable QR code. Currently if someone scans the QR code, the linked website only opens if the person scanning uses a U.S. IP address, so likely not viewable in Slovenia. We have alerted the CDC to this issue.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 10 September 2021):
- The Slovenian government has stated that anyone who is not vaccinated should expect they will contract COVID-19 before spring.
- The number of active cases in the country increased again in the past week, from 6,685 last week to 8,824 today. The 14 day incidence rate per 100,000 persons has increased from 317 to 418.
- The number of hospitalized also increased from 180 last week to 278 today, with 11 additional deaths in the past week.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate has increased only very slightly, with 44.1 % of the population (52% of the adult population) fully vaccinated.
Vaccines are available to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over and the U.S. Government strongly recommends that all eligible citizens get the vaccine as soon as possible.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook