Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia COVID-19 Restrictions
- On 22 July, the Slovenian government announced that verification of COVID-19 certificates, including proof of vaccination, prior infection, or a negative test, will be mandatory in all public events and gatherings. Restaurants / bars are required to check guests’ certificates.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 29 July 2021):
- As the delta variant takes hold in Slovenia, the number of active cases in the country increased again in the past week, from 841 cases last week to 916 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has increased to 43.4 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized remains steady at 29 and there were two additional deaths in the past week.
- 37.9% of the population is now full vaccinated. Vaccines are available to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook