U.S. Embassy, Ljubljana: Covid Health Alert (10 March 2021)
Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia Entry Requirements
- There is an exception to quarantine requirements for those entering Slovenia who present proof of COVID-19 vaccination demonstrating that at least seven days have passed since the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine, at least 14 days have passed since the second dose of the Moderna vaccine, or 21 days have passed since the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine. (Johnson & Johnson vaccine is not on Slovenia’s list of recognized vaccinations.) See more information on border crossings.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 10 March 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country has plateaued in the past week – currently at 10,464 active cases. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has dropped slightly to 498 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized dropped from 528 last week to 485 today.
- The number of weekly Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past week decreased to 45 in the past week.
For additional information from the Slovenian government, including reaching their call center, see their English-language Covid page.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook