Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 21 April 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country decreased in the past week, from 13,456 active cases last week to 12,176 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has decreased to 593 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of weekly Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past week decreased slightly to 41 in the past week.
- The number of hospitalized increased slightly to 631 today.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
Voting in U.S. Special Elections: TX, NM
- 1 May 2021: Texas Special Election in U.S. Congressional District 6 (Ellis and Navarro counties and a portion of Tarrant county)
- 1 June 2021: New Mexico Special Primary in U.S. Congressional District 1 (Torrance county, and parts of Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Valencia counties)
Overseas citizens who are registering to vote for the first time can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool. Voters must submit a completed and signed FPCA to their local election office by the state’s voter registration deadline.
Vote your absentee ballot as soon as you get it, and be sure to carefully follow the state’s completion instructions and sign the voted ballot package as indicated when returning it. To save time, you may be able to return your voted ballot electronically if allowed by state law. Check online if your state can accept completed absentee ballots by email or fax. If you requested your ballot, but haven’t received it in time to return by the ballot deadline, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup ballot. If your official absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, you may complete and submit the official ballot too. Only one ballot will be counted per voter. You can verify the voted ballot is received by contacting your election office for status updates. Use the FVAP website to find your state’s election website for specific information on candidates, elections, contact information, registration, and links to your local election office.
- U.S. Embassy – Slovenia
- Prešernova cesta 31, Ljubljana
- U.S. Embassy Consular Section:
- Email: LjubljanaACS@state.gov
- For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.