Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
Services in Slovenia / Public Gatherings
- Services: Hotels are open up to 50% capacity while campsites are open up to 70% capacity. Restaurants are permitted to open 0500 to 2200; indoors, up to four persons from a family (not including minors) can sit together, but diners should carry proof of vaccination, negative test, or recovery from Covid-19; while restaurants will not check, government inspectors could ask diners. Schools and universities are operating in-person. Most shops, including hairdressers, are open but patrons should follow distancing and other health precautions. Museums, libraries, and galleries are open. Cultural, sports and other events are permitted up to 50% sitting capacity for visitors that have been vaccinated, tested or recovered from Covid-19. Cinemas and religious gatherings are also limited to 50% capacity. Gyms/indoor sports centers are open with limited capacity but spas and swimming pools are closed. Casinos are restricted to those who can provide proof of vaccination, negative test or recovery from Covid-19.
- Public gatherings: Events with up to 50 people are permitted.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 19 May 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country continued to decrease, from 8,958 active cases last week to 6,673 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has decreased to 343 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia in the past week was down to 29.
- The number of hospitalized dropped from 463 last week to 383 today.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy – Slovenia
- Prešernova cesta 31, Ljubljana