(12 May 2021)
Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
- Slovenia has now opened the registration for vaccines to all adults (although actual vaccination appointments may not be immediate). Those with Slovenian national insurance can register through the ZVem portal; other residents of Slovenia can register through their local doctor.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 12 May 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country decreased again in the past two weeks, from 9,278 active cases two weeks ago to 8,956 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has decreased to 418 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia in the past two weeks was 68, lower than that in prior weeks.
- The number of hospitalized dropped from 621 two weeks ago to 463 today.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
U.S. Special Elections in NM
June 1, 2021: New Mexico Special Election in U.S. Congressional District 1
The State of New Mexico will conduct a special election on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, to fill a vacancy for the 1st Congressional district, which includes all of Torrance and parts of Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Valencia counties. Service members, eligible family members, and overseas citizens who are registering to vote for the first time can use the automated Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) completion tool available at fvap.gov/FPCA or use the fillable PDF version. Voters can send their completed and signed FPCA to their local election office by EMAIL, MAIL, or FAX. If mailed, FPCAs must be postmarked by May 5. If emailed or faxed, FPCAs must be received by May 5. New Mexico voters already registered can use the FPCA to request their absentee ballot up until May 25. All ballots must be returned to the appropriate election office by EMAIL, MAIL, or FAX so that they are received by 7PM, June 1. Detailed instructions and county contact information are available at fvap.gov/new-mexico.
Voters can verify the status of their voting materials by contacting their election office directly. If voters do not receive their requested ballot in time to return it by the ballot return deadline, they can send the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup ballot to their election office. If the voter’s official absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, he or she may complete and submit the official ballot, too. Only one ballot will be counted per voter. FVAP offers an email-to-fax forwarding service for voters from states that do not allow email return of voted ballots. Voters who do not have access to a fax machine can email their completed ballot to fax@FVAP.gov and FVAP will forward the ballot as a fax to the appropriate election office.
If you would like more information on voting, see our Embassy voting page.
- U.S. Embassy – Slovenia
- Prešernova cesta 31, Ljubljana
- U.S. Embassy Consular Section:
- Email: LjubljanaACS@state.gov
- For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.