Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
- Given the deteriorating situation in the coastal Obalno-Kraška region, the Slovenian government has banned all gatherings and travel between this region and others as of February 27.
- Air France announced that it will resume weekly flights to Ljubljana on March 6. The airline plans to gradually increase the frequency of flights to five times a week by summer 2021.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 24 February 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country has dropped in the past week from 11, 298 active cases to 10,750. The number of hospitalized dropped from 546 last week to 528 today.
- The number of weekly Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past week increased slightly to 61(vice 57 the week prior).
- On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has dropped to 506 new cases per 100,000 citizens, the sixth highest per-capita rate in Europe.
For additional information from the Slovenian government, including reaching their call center, see their English-language Covid page.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook