Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
U.S. Embassy Consular Services
- For American citizens needing appointments at the Embassy for citizenship or notarial services, the Embassy will return to using an online appointment system.
Slovenia Movement restrictions
- The Slovenian government announced that previous restrictions on gatherings within and movement to and from the coastal Obalno-Kraška region have been lifted, as conditions have improved in that region.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 24 March 2021):
- Slovenia, like a number of other countries, has entered a third wave of Covid, as variants become more common.
- The number of active cases in the country has increased daily in the past week – currently at 11,212 active cases (compared to 10, 260 last week). On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has increased to 523 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of hospitalized increased from 444 last week to 500 today.
- The number of weekly Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past week increased slightly to 46 in the past week.
For additional information from the Slovenian government, including reaching their call center, see their English-language Covid page.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook