Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
Travel from the U.S. – Covid test
- The Slovenian government announced that Covid tests conducted in the United States and Great Britain will now be recognized for those requiring a test to enter Slovenia.
Lockdown – Partial Lifting
- The curfew has lifted
- Most schools have reopened to in-person learning.
- The following have reopened: Ski resorts, museums, libraries, galleries, hairdressers, and some additional shops
- One-to-one music/dance classes are permitted
- Travel between regions of Slovenia remain restricted.
- Contactless outdoor recreation for up to 10 people will be allowed, but otherwise public assembly remains prohibited.
- Face masks outdoors will be obligatory only if social distancing cannot be kept.
Vaccinations in Slovenia:
- Slovenia continues to vaccinate priority groups and is now opening it to residents over age 60.
Slovenia Covid Statistics (as of 14 April 2021):
- The number of active cases in the country rose slightly in the past week, from 13, 301 active cases last week to 13, 456 today. On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has increased to 663 new cases per 100,000 citizens.
- The number of weekly Covid-confirmed deaths in Slovenia the past week remained similar to that of last week at 46.
- The number of hospitalized increased from 573 last week to 622 today.
For additional information from the Slovenian government, including reaching their call center, see their English-language Covid page.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy – Slovenia
- Prešernova cesta 31, Ljubljana