Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 1 October 2021):
- For the first time since July, the number of active cases in the country decreased in the past week, from 13,744 to 12,644 today. The 14 day incidence rate per 100,000 persons decreased from 652 to 600.
- The number of hospitalized increased from 391 last week to 419 today, with 44 additional deaths in the past week.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate increased one percent in the past week, with 47.6 % of the population fully vaccinated.
- On 29 September, Slovenia suspended distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, while the death of a twenty year old woman who received the vaccine is under investigation.
- The Slovenian government is providing vaccines to all U.S. citizen residents of Slovenia age 12 and over, and the U.S. Government strongly recommends that all eligible citizens get the vaccine as soon as possible.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook