U.S. Embassy, Ljubljana: Consular Message to U.S. Citizens (17 May 2022)
Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous spring weather. It has been almost a month since our last regular Consular message. Time flies!
- U.S. Travel Advisory: The U.S. Department of State lowered its Travel Advisory for Slovenia back to Level 1 (the lowest level).
- Testing for U.S. entry: Remember that for travel to the United States, you still must present a negative COVID test, taken one day before you commence travel. If you are traveling the day after a holiday, you may find it difficult to obtain a COVID test on that holiday. Per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) page on testing requirements, you may be able to do a home test if proctored via a telehealth provider. We recommend bringing official printed results to the airport.
- Travel to Austria: All Austrian entry restrictions have been lifted.
- Medical facilities in Slovenia: You no longer need to show proof of vaccination/test/recovery to enter. Protective masks remain mandatory in these facilities, but no longer in pharmacies.
- Airports/Flights: In EU airports and on flights, masks are on longer mandatory.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 17 May 2022):
- Active case numbers have dropped from 17,687 last month to 9,205 today, with a 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 of 437.
- The number of hospitalized continued to drop from 254 last month to 97 today, with just 9 in ICU. An additional 103 people died of COVID in the past month.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate remains unchanged, with 57.9% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
U.S. Embassy Consular Section
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook