Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Here is the bi-Weekly Consular Message:
Extension of policy: Returning to the U.S. on an Expired Passport
- If you are overseas and your U.S. passport expired on or after 1 January 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States. This exception has now been extended until 30 June 2022. See Returning to the U.S. on Expired Passport for complete details. Regardless, the Embassy stands ready to assist you in renewing your passport before you travel.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 25 March 2022):
- Active case numbers have been rising again since early March, rising from 24,692 two weeks ago to 37,848 today, with a 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 of 1,794.
- The number of hospitalized however dropped from 358 last week to 292 today, with 49 in ICU. An additional 87 people died of COVID in the past two weeks.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate remains unchanged, with 57.8% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
U.S. Embassy Consular Section
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook