Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Here is your bi-weekly Consular Message:
COVID restrictions lifting
- Masks are no longer mandatory in public spaces and only required in health care facilities. Per the Slovenian government, mask use is still recommended, especially for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 22 April 2022):
- Active case numbers have dropped from 32,721 two weeks ago to 17,687 today, with a 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 of 839.
- The number of hospitalized continued to drop from 254 last week to 181 today, with 29 in ICU. An additional 46 people died of COVID in the past two weeks.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate remains unchanged, with 57.9% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
U.S. Embassy Consular Section
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook