Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Here is your bi-weekly Consular Message, including:
- Travel to the U.S. for foreign nationals
- Covid statistics
Travel to the U.S. for foreign nationals: As a reminder, if you have family/friends going to the U.S. who are not U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents, in general they must be fully COVID vaccinated. See our Embassy Visa page for full details.
Slovenia COVID-19 Statistics (as of 10 February 2022):
- Currently there are over 171,000 active cases of COVID in Slovenia (approximately 8% of the population), with a 14-day incident rate per 100,000 at 8,143 (the highest in Europe). On the good news front, this is a decrease from the peak on 4 February when there were 197,529 active cases.
- The number of hospitalized increased from 580 three weeks ago to 789 today, with 47 in ICU. An additional 313 people died of COVID in the past three weeks.
- Slovenia’s vaccination rate remains largely unchanged, with 57% of the population being fully vaccinated.
For additional information, see our Embassy’s Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook