Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 9 September)
- Since 2 September, there have been 388 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, and two additional deaths. Yesterday alone (8 September) there were 79 new cases, a new daily record.
- Currently there are 590 active cases, the highest number since 4 April. Of these, 107 cases are in Ljubljana. There are 33 persons hospitalized in the country.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 173,000 tests, confirming 3,312 infections and 135 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
Reminders on Voter Registration
- You still have time to request an absentee ballot for the November U.S. general election in the U.S. but it needs to happen this month! (Youtube video)
- Check your state’s specific deadlines.
- The attached map shows whether your state allows you to send your FPCA electronically.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook