Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Slovenian government Covid-19 restrictions:
The Slovenian government has instituted additional restrictions:
- Effective 27 October, you may not travel outside of your municipality unless meeting a work/medical exception. (Note: This is more restrictive than prior requirements to stay within a region.)
- Slovenia has updated its color-coded designations for foreign countries; traveling to most neighboring regions would necessitate quarantine when returning to Slovenia.
- Hotels are generally closed. In Ljubljana, the following hotels are open to approved business delegations: Austria Trend, Slon, and Radisson. University dorms are closed.
- Gyms, indoor sports centers, spas, swimming pools, cinemas, car washes, casinos, cultural institutions, hair/cosmetic salons, and some stores are closed. Essential shops/services such as for fuel, groceries, pet food, hardware, car/bicycle repair, gardening, pharmacies, banks and post offices, remain open.
- Restaurants and bars are closed, but pick up/delivery is permitted, including during curfew hours (2100-0600).
- Most kindergartens are closed.
- Public transportation is limited to 1/3 of normal capacity (holiday hours).
- Masks are required at all times, including outdoors, unless in a park when a distance of 3 meters (10 feet) can be maintained.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook