Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Please don’t forget about the virtual town hall today (March 30) at 2pm. Remember that the clocks went forward in Slovenia on March 29. Daily situation update below.
Medical situation in Slovenia:
· As of March 30, Slovenia reported 730 confirmed COVID cases and 11 fatalities, with 101 hospitalized.
· The Slovenian government has extended previous passenger flight restrictions, with flights to EU destinations suspended until April 13, and flights to non-EU destinations banned until further notice.
· Very limited flights from Vienna continue. Flights from Zagreb are even more limited, with KLM and Air France ceasing service from Zagreb today (March 30), leaving only Croatia Air flights from Zagreb to European hubs, and a flight to Doha.
Services / Movements within Slovenia
· The Slovenian government announced stricter measures on March 29 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. People will be restricted to their own municipality except for work, providing assistance to those needing care, and accessing emergency services, pharmacies and judicial authorities. People can continue to go to their nearest food shop, as well as parks within their municipality. Pensioners may only go shopping in the 0800-1000 timeframe.
· For indoor public places, including shopping, facemasks and gloves are now required. Homemade masks such as scarves over the mouth/nose are permitted.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.