Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Services in Slovenia:
- As you know, masks and gloves are required in indoor public places such as grocery stores. See U.S. CDC guidelines on how to create and properly wear a mask.
- Shoppers over the age of 65 using the dedicated hours for the vulnerable (0800-1000, and the store’s last open hour each day) may be required to show ID to shop during those hours.
- Slovenia extended the suspension of flights between Slovenia and other parts of the EU until 27 April.
- The government has announced resumption of non-urgent healthcare services.
Medical situation in Slovenia:
- As of 9 April, Slovenia reported 1,124 confirmed COVID cases and 43 fatalities, with 108 hospitalized, of whom 34 are in intensive care.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter