Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
We plan to reduce the frequency of these Alerts to weekly starting today. However, we will continue to update our Covid-19 page daily.
- The Embassy continues to provide in-person appointments for emergency/mission-critical consular services; we will let you know as soon as we can schedule routine appointments such as a passport renewal and Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications.
- At this time there are no changes in the Slovenian government border policy. The Slovenian government plans to first establish bilateral agreements with individual countries before allowing general border crossings.
- Public gatherings of up to 50 persons are now permitted, but only if safe distancing (1.5 meters) can be ensured.
- Gatherings in nightclubs remain banned. Spas and waterparks also remain closed.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 18 May):
- Since Friday there was one additional confirmed case, for a cumulative total of 1,466.
- Since Friday, there was one additional fatality, for a total of 104.
- The number who are currently hospitalized decreased to 25 persons, of whom 5 are in intensive care.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page. Assistance:
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31, Ljubljana
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter