Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 4 May):
- On Saturday and Sunday over 1,100 were tested but there were no new confirmed cases. This is the first time in two months that there have been no new confirmed infections.
- 56,136 persons have been tested for Covid-19. The cumulative total of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 is 1,439.
- There were six additional fatalities since Thursday, bringing the total to 97.
- The number who are currently hospitalized decreased to 58 persons, of whom 20 are in intensive care.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes with outdoor terraces are permitted to re-open; masks are required for those needing to access indoor facilities.
- Places of worship may re-open; masks and one meter spacing are required.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page. Assistance:
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter