Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
- The Slovenian government has removed all restrictions on travel outside one’s municipality of residence, but has called on citizens to continue to act responsibly. Gatherings are still prohibited.
- Stores will be closed Friday and Saturday, May 1 and 2 for the Labor Day holiday. Therefore this Sunday only (May 3rd), the government has authorized stores selling mostly food to open from 0800 to 1300 to avoid a consecutive three-day closure.
- With the exception of large malls, all stores will be allowed to reopen next week. Hairdressers, beauty salons, museums, galleries, and libraries are permitted to open next week, but will be operating under strict health and safety protocols.
- Schools will reopen for some grades starting 18 May.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 30 April):
- More than 52,000 have been tested for Covid-19. The cumulative total of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 is 1,429.
- Slovenian authorities confirmed eleven new cases since yesterday.
- Of the 1,291 tested randomly since 20 April, only one resulted in a confirmed case.
- There were two additional fatalities yesterday, bringing the total to 91.
- The number who are currently hospitalized decreased by 12 since yesterday to 63 persons, of whom 22 are in intensive care.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page. Assistance:
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter