Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
The Slovenian government has announced a phased reduction in restrictions.
- Beginning 18 April: Sports that do not involve close contact such as tennis, golf, bicycling, and jogging will be permitted. Those with evidence of owning second properties in another municipality can visit those properties.
- Beginning 20 April: Home, garden, and hardware stores, along with auto repair shops and dry cleaners, can re-open. 0800-0930 will be reserved for vulnerable shoppers. See the Government of Slovenia Covid-19 page for additional detail.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 17 April):
- Slovenian authorities reported that a total of 39,330 people have been tested for Covid-19 in Slovenia so far.
- There are currently 1,304 confirmed cases and 66 fatalities.
- The number of hospitalized decreased to 95, of whom 28 are in intensive care. 182 Covid-19 patients have been discharged from hospital.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter