Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Services in Slovenia
- Protective gloves are no longer mandatory in closed public places such as shops, pharmacies and post offices as of 15 April. Businesses will provide the required hand sanitizer. (Face masks are still mandatory.)
Medical situation in Slovenia:
- As of 15 April, Slovenia reported 1,248 confirmed COVID cases and 61 fatalities, with 96 hospitalized, of whom 34 are in intensive care.
- According to the Ministry of Health, although the above is the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases, the actual number of cases may be 3-4 times higher.
- According to the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ), more than 80% of people who have died of Covid-19 in Slovenia were older than age 75, and 60% of the total were older than age 85.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter