Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Entry / Quarantine rules
- Given a dramatic rise in Covid-19 cases, the Prime Minister announced a number of new restrictions, including:
- Public and private gatherings limited to 10 persons (with religious services and weddings excepted)
- Further limitations on numbers of persons in enclosed public spaces (shops, banks, post offices, etc.)
- Only seated patrons will be served at bars and restaurants, with additional spacing between tables
- No food or beverages can be served after in conjunction with events
- Prohibition on visits to patients in certain hospitals or residents of certain nursing homes
- The government of Slovenia has prepared a series of increasing restrictions, as needed, that are tied to the number of active cases/hospitalized.
- The government also confirmed that travel from the United States to Slovenia remains limited to essential travel; tourist travel is not possible at this time. For further questions on this, travelers to Slovenia should contact the nearest Slovenian embassy.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 7 October)
- Since 30 September, there have been 1,430 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, and nine additional deaths. The percentage of positive tests as a function of total tests taken rose again from 5.58% last week to 7.70 % this week. Yesterday there was a new daily record of 356 new confirmed cases.
- Slovenia now has 2,426 active cases (up from 1,736 last week). Of these, 410 cases are in Ljubljana. There are 122 persons hospitalized in the country, surpassing the prior high of 117 on March 30. There are currently 22 persons in intensive care.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 243,000 tests, confirming 7,120 infections and 159 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook