Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 22 July):
- Since 15 July, there have been 128 additional confirmed cases, and four additional deaths. Twenty-nine new infections were reported on 21 July alone, marking an 11-day high.
- The vast majority of recent infections were transmitted locally (vice imported from abroad).
- Currently there are 243 active cases (down slightly from last week), with 22 hospitalized.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 124,000 tests, confirming 2,006 infections and 115 fatalities.
- Quarantine orders can now be issued at all border crossing stations.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31, Ljubljana
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook