Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 29 July):
- Since 22 July, there have been 109 additional confirmed cases, and two additional deaths.
- Currently there are 237 active cases (down slightly from last week), with 21 hospitalized.
- According to the National Public Health Institute, recent infections were detected in care homes (80 infections), schools (54), shops (37), health institutions (32) and restaurants/pubs/cafés (13). The government deputy spokesperson for coronavirus noted that as much as 40% of the cases confirmed in the past two weeks were detected in various workplaces.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 129,000 tests, confirming 2,115 infections and 117 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook