Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 16 September)
- Since 16 September, there have been 740 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, and seven additional deaths.
- Since mid-August the number of active cases in Slovenia has been doubling every two weeks and Slovenia continues to be at a new high for the outbreak, with 1,383 active cases. Of these, 304 cases are in Ljubljana and 121 in Maribor, with the rest spread throughout the country. There are 65 persons hospitalized in the country, with 10 in intensive care.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 207,000 tests, confirming 4,694 infections and 143 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook