Dear U.S. Citizen in Slovenia:
In these difficult times our Embassy wishes you the merriest of holidays.
- The Slovenian government will slightly relax restrictions on Christmas Eve, allowing residents to move across boundaries to visit another household. This loosening of restrictions will end at 2000 on Christmas day.
Covid medical situation in Slovenia (as of 23 December 2020):
- The number of active cases in the country – just under 20,000 – remains relatively unchanged in the past month. Likewise the number of hospitalized (currently 1,226) remains steady.
- The number of deaths in Slovenia per week (264 this past week) remans high.
- On a rolling 14-day average, Slovenia has 955 new cases per 100,000 citizens, a small decrease from last week.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
· U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Slovenia Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook