Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 16 September)
- The number of confirmed Covid cases has increased dramatically in the past week, although due in part to high numbers of tests administered.
- Since 9 September, there have been 642 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, but no additional deaths. Yesterday alone (15 September) was another new daily record, with 123 new cases.
- Slovenia is at a new high for the outbreak, with 975 active cases, up from 590 last week. Of these, 190 cases are in Ljubljana and 103 in Maribor, with the rest spread throughout the country. There are 61 persons hospitalized in the country (twice as high as last week), with 11 in intensive care.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 189,000 tests, confirming 3,954 infections and 135 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook