Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 28 October)
- Since 21 October, there have been 12, 226 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases (more than twice the number from last week) and 72 additional deaths. Yesterday there was another record number of tests (7,471), along with a new daily record of 2,605 new confirmed cases, resulting in a daily positive test rate of 35%, by far the highest percentage yet.
- Slovenia now has 18, 269 active cases, with the number more than doubling each week for the last two weeks. There are 612 persons hospitalized in the country (almost double the number from last week). There are currently 99 persons in intensive care (vice 55 last week), with 57 on ventilators.
- The Slovenian government has indicated there may be a reduction in testing to focus testing on health workers and high risk groups.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered more than 342,000 tests, confirming 28, 208 infections and 272 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook