U.S. Embassy Health Alert (14 Oct 2020)
Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 14 October)
- Since 7 October, there have been 2,818 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, and 16 additional deaths. Yesterday there was a record number of tests (4,902), along with a new daily record of 707 new confirmed cases, resulting in a daily positive test rate of 14.42, the highest percentage yet.
- Slovenia now has 4,248 active cases, which is double the number 10 days ago. There are 210 persons hospitalized in the country (almost double from last week). There are currently 35 persons in intensive care (up from 22 last week).
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 267,000 tests, confirming 9,938 infections and 175 fatalities.
The government of Slovenia will likely institute new restrictions; the Embassy will share these when they are announced.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook