Dear American Citizen in Slovenia:
Entry Quarantine rules
- The government of Slovenia has updated its color-coded system of entry / quarantine restrictions: A very small number of countries are designated “green” (epidemiologically safe). A much larger list of countries, including the United States, are designated as “red” (poor epidemiological conditions). In some cases, regions of countries (such as parts of Austria or Croatia) are listed as “red.” All non-listed countries/regions of countries are designated “orange” (aggravated epidemiological situation). Travelers who have spent 14 days in either a “green” country or an “orange” EU country/region can enter Slovenia without quarantine. All others must quarantine 10 days or have a negative result from a Covid test taken in the EU within the prior 48 hours.
Medical situation in Slovenia (as of 30 September)
- Since 23 September, there have been 996 additional confirmed Covid-19 cases, and seven additional deaths. The percentage of positive tests as a function of total tests taken rose again from 4.26% last week to 5.58% this week. Yesterday there was a new daily record of 203 new confirmed cases.
- Slovenia now has 1,736 active cases (up from 1,383 last week). Of these, 361cases are in Ljubljana and 97 in Maribor, with the rest spread throughout the country. There are 86 persons hospitalized in the country, with 16 in intensive care.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, Slovenia has administered over 225,000 tests, confirming 5,690 infections and 150 fatalities.
For additional information, see our Covid-19 page.
U.S. Embassy Consular Services
- The U.S. Embassy is providing citizenship, voting, notarial and other services by appointment only. See our U.S. Citizens page for more detail.
- U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prešernova 31,
For emergencies only (including afterhours): Tel. +386 1-200-5500.
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Slovenia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook