For emergencies or to report a crime, call 113.
If you have lost or misplaced an item, you may wish first to contact the following offices:
- Brnik International Airport, tel: 04-206-1981
- Ljubljana train station, tel. 01-291-3332
- Ljubljana inter-city bus station, tel. 01-234-4623
- Ljubljana city bus system, tel. 01-519-4017
- And call the nearest police station
For both lost and stolen items, we recommend filing a police report. Usually it is best to file the report at the police station nearest to where the theft/loss is thought to have taken place; however, any police station can take a report. See the link above for contact information of police stations throughout Slovenia.
- LOST OR STOLEN U.S. PASSPORT
- U.S. DRIVERS LICENSES must be replaced through the original state of issuance. The Embassy cannot issue any kind of confirmation to enable a U.S. citizen to rent or drive a car.
- AMERICAN EXPRESS CARDS: Tel: +386-1-568-0300 (Ljubljana), 001-800-327-2177 (U.S.)
- VISA CARDS: Cards issued in the U.S.: travelers should call 001-800-VISA-911 or 001-303-967-1096 (collect calls accepted) or directly contact the bank that issued the card. Cards issued in Slovenia: SKB Bank, 01-430-2662. NLB Bank, 01-583-4183. And AKBANKA, 01-583-4183.
- MASTER CARDS: Cards issued in the U.S.: travelers should call 001-800-307-7309 or directly contact the U.S. bank that issued the card. Cards issued in Slovenia: SKB Bank, 01-430-2662. NLB Bank, 01-583-4183. And AKBANKA, 01-583-4183.
- DINERS CLUB CARDS: Tel: +386-1-589-6133 (Ljubljana), 001-303-799-1504 (U.S. number, collect calls accepted).
- AIRLINE TICKETS: Report the loss or theft to the issuing company
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ID CARDS: Call the Student Organization in Ljubljana at +386-1-438-0242