US Embassy Ljubljana and AmCham Slovenia
STUDENT ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INTERNSHIP (SEI) PROGRAM
The Future of Business – Intern and Learn
A Hands-On Experience in Business, Economics & Entrepreneurship for Slovenian Students
***** APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 3, 2023 AT MIDNIGHT *****
What are the highlights of the program?
- Lean Start Up program with a U.S. Professor of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- Overview of business, economics & the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Slovenia through expert lectures and site visits.
- Internship with a top AmCham Slovenia member companies – and maybe even some Slovenian start-up companies.
- A peer-to-peer network with students from different universities and fields of study.
- Seeing what it takes to become an entrepreneur in Slovenia.
- Coming up with an innovative business concept and learning to make a business pitch.
- Learning about possibilities for work, study and research in the USA.
What is SEI?
The Annual Summer Entrepreneurship and Internship (SEI) program aims to give Slovenian university students a US-style hands-on introduction to business and economics in the real world, as well as the tools to create new businesses – the foundation of entrepreneurship.
The SEI student program is a highly selective program giving 20 students the opportunity to intern with AmCham Slovenia member companies as well as providing students with an overview of business, economics and entrepreneurship organized by the U.S. Embassy Ljubljana through a two-week Lean Start Up program with a US Professor of Entrepreneurship including over 20 targeted seminars, site visits and invited speakers.
Who organizes it?
The program is jointly organized by the US Embassy Ljubljana and AmCham Slovenia. It is funded in part by the US Embassy Ljubljana and in part by AmCham Heroes.
Am I eligible?
The program and internships are open to Slovenian citizens aged 19-28 who are 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or master’s degree students enrolled in faculties preferably at Slovenian universities.
STUDENTS FROM ALL FIELDS OF STUDY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
We actually prefer students without a background in economics or business and we particularly encourage students in the natural sciences, engineering, math, computer science/IT and medicine to apply!
Applicants must be:
- 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or Master’s degree students (up to age 28) in good standing.
- able to read, write and speak English at a high level.
How many people are in the program?
Twenty (20) students will be selected.
Where does the program take place?
The two-week SEI program will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Internships will take place at AmCham Slovenia member companies or Slovenian start-ups, largely in Ljubljana.
Will I get an internship? Is the internship paid?
Every student will be invited to participate in an SEI internship. The application form will ask you to specify fields of interest. At the SEI interview, students will be asked to name up to three AmCham Slovenia member companies where they would like to intern. Although we cannot guarantee an internship at the companies you choose, we will do our best to find you a great match, possibly even at a Slovenian start-up with the help of U.S. Embassy Ljubljana!
These internships are paid; companies are advised to pay at least the minimum hourly rate for students.
Do I have to pay for the SEI program?
The two-week SEI program is free for the 20 selected students!
What do you need from me?
- Student Application form
- University transcript
- 1-minute video pitch
- Recent photo in .jpg format
- Charlotte Taft, US Embassy Ljubljana, email@example.com
- Helena Vrbnjak, AmCham Slovenia, firstname.lastname@example.org