Location: Slovenia, countrywide
Event: While U.S. Embassy Ljubljana does not have any credible information of threat to U.S. citizens or interests in Slovenia, we want to remind U.S. citizens that during the holiday season there is always the potential for increased crime and acts of violent extremism throughout the region.
Public events, such as demonstrations, holiday events, and celebratory gatherings can pose a higher risk for violence and criminal activity. Planned attacks and criminal activity often occur in crowded public locations such as holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, schools, and other areas frequented by tourists.
Actions to Take:
· Exercise vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia
For emergencies only: +386-1-200-5500
· Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates