SLOVENIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS APPLY NOW – DEADLINE MARCH 19, 2021!
Student Application Form – SEI 2021 (PDF 369 KB)
SUMMER ECONOMICS INSTITUTE (SEI) 2021
10th Anniversary Program
The Future of Business – Intern and Learn
A Hands-On Experience in Business, Economics & Entrepreneurship for Slovenian Students
LIVE ZOOM INFO SESSIONS
Thursday, March 4 at 17.00 – Register here https://sforce.co/2ZonRyv
Wednesday, March 10 at 17.00 – Register here https://sforce.co/3pvi057
What are the highlights of the program?
· Lean Start Up program with a US Professor of Business & Entrepreneurship.
· Overview of business, economics & the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Slovenia through expert lectures and site visits.
· Internship with a top AmCham Slovenia member company and maybe even some Slovenian start-up companies.
· A peer-to-peer network with students from different universities and fields of study.
· Seeing what it takes to become an entrepreneur in Slovenia.
· Coming up with an innovative business concept and learning to make a business pitch.
· Learning about possibilities for work, study and research in the USA.
What is SEI?
The 10th Annual Summer Economics Institute (SEI) 2021 aims to give Slovenian university students a US-style hands-on introduction to business and economics in the real world, as well as the tools to create new businesses – the foundation of entrepreneurship.
The SEI 2021 student program is a highly selective program giving 20 students the opportunity to intern with AmCham Slovenia member companies as well as providing students with an overview of business, economics and entrepreneurship organized by the US Embassy Ljubljana through a two-week Lean Start Up program with a US Professor of Entrepreneurship plus over 20 targeted seminars, site visits and invited speakers.
Who organizes it?
The program is jointly organized by the US Embassy Ljubljana and AmCham Slovenia. It is funded in part by the US Embassy Ljubljana and in part by AmCham Heroes.
Am I eligible?
The program and internships are open to Slovenian citizens aged 19-28 who are 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or master’s degree students enrolled in faculties preferably at Slovenian universities.
STUDENTS FROM ALL FIELDS OF STUDY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
However, we actually prefer students without a background in economics or business, and we particularly encourage students in the natural sciences, engineering, math, computer science/IT and medicine to apply!
Applicants must be:
· 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or Master’s degree students (up to age 28) in good standing.
· able to read, write and speak English at a high level.
How many people are in the program?
Twenty (20) interns will be selected.
Where does the program take place?
The two-week SEI program will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Internships will take place at AmCham Slovenia member companies, largely in Ljubljana.
Will I get an internship? Is the internship paid?
Every student will be invited to participate in an SEI 2021 internship. The application form will ask you to specify fields of interest. At the SEI 2021 interview, students will be asked to name up to three AmCham Slovenia member companies where they would like to intern. Although we cannot guarantee an internship at the companies you choose, we will do our best to find you a great match, possibly at a Slovenian start-up! These internships are paid; companies are advised to pay at least the minimum hourly rate for students.
Do I have to pay for the SEI program?
The two-week SEI program is free for the 20 selected students!
When does the program start?
July 12-23, 2021: Organized by the US Embassy – US Professor of Entrepreneurship Lean Start Up program and overview of business, economics & the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Slovenia through expert lectures, seminars and site visits.
May-September: Flexible one-month internships with AmCham Slovenia companies and some Slovenian start-ups (128 hours ~1 month)
What do you need from me?
· Student Application form
· University transcript
· 1-minute video pitch
· Recent photo in .jpg format
Dates & Deadlines
· The application deadline is Friday, March 19, 2021.
· Interviews for top applicants will be held at the end of March either live or via ZOOM.
· Students will be notified of acceptance by the beginning of April 2021.
· Submit applications & all relevant accompanying documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
What about COVID-19?
We will do everything to make our 10th annual SEI 2021 program happen in a safe and healthy way for everyone involved – students, speakers and site visit hosts, as well as companies!
We will abide by all the measures of the Slovenian government in place when SEI takes place this summer and keep you informed about any changes to the program and/or internships that need to be made to accommodate these measures.
Last year we had a great program because we were able to be flexible.
· Charlotte Taft, US Embassy Ljubljana, email@example.com
· Tonja Avsenik, AmCham Slovenia, firstname.lastname@example.org
AmCham Slovenia Information on SEI 2021: