Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia (October 19, 2023)
Location: Republic Square, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Event: A demonstration in support of the Palestinian people is expected to take place on Thursday, October 19 beginning at 5PM. The Association for the Rights of Palestinians intends to protest the Israeli-Hamas Conflict. Expect a police presence and disruptions to traffic patterns.
Even though demonstrations in Ljubljana are typically peaceful and orderly, demonstrations can be unpredictable in nature. Accordingly, in the interest of safety, all demonstrations and protests should be avoided. U.S. Embassy employees and family members have been advised to avoid the demonstration areas.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the area of demonstrations.
· Keep a low profile.
· Be aware of your surroundings. If you see something that seems odd or out of place, immediately notify the nearest law enforcement officer and move away from the area.
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
· Follow the instructions of authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
· Monitor local media for updates.
Slovenia Emergency Call Center: Dial 112 for emergency medical assistance, fire-fighters, veterinary assistance, rescue units
Slovenia Police: Dial 113
U.S. Embassy Ljubljana, Slovenia
386 (1) 2005500
1000 Ljubljana Slovenia
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates