On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in Slovenia considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
The SelectUSA initiative was created to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
- Contact us at the U.S. embassy to discuss your interests and needs at DoingBusinessInSlovenia@state.gov.
- The Slovenian Embassy and Consulates in the U.S.provides assistance to Slovenian firms who are exploring the U.S. market.
- Information about U.S. firms looking for foreign partners
- Information about trade shows in the U.S.
Networking in Slovenia
Two U.S. based organizations that are excellent sources for meeting and networking with Slovenian firms that are already doing business in the U.S. are:
- American Chamber of Commerce in Slovenia
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development Slovenia
Finally, never forget to check references for all potential U.S. partners to ensure that you are working with a legitimate, trustworthy business. The Better Business Bureau is a good place to start.